Event recorder for electrical freight locomotive RPDA-G
Event recorder for freight electrical locomotives RPDA-G is suitable for measuring and persistent recording of more that 40 main locomotive sensors and train parameters.
Recorded data is used for express-analysis of locomotive operation details and its technical conditions. This data can be used for decisions about train timetable and loco service schedule. Two modifications of event recorders for freight electrical locomotives are developed and implemented – RPDA-G for DC locos and RPDA-GPT for AC locos.
Event recorder measures and stores following data
- contact-wire voltage,
- armature and excitation currents of traction motors,
- voltage on traction motors,
- loco speed,
- passed way from the beginning of the trip,
- cabin traffic light signals,
- pneumatic brake system pressures,
- safety switches states (high-speed switch, skidding relay etc.)
- auto-driving system parameters.
All measured and stored data are referenced to current time and route position. That gives an opportunity to analyze collected data separately for different locomotive operation types, for different trains and for different route sections.
RPDA-G (RPDA-GPT) system uses special data storage to record and keep measured data. It is called “cartridge”, the capacity of cartridge is enough to store information of several operational days. System has open architecture and can be expanded by additional measurement equipment for more parameters recording.
Event recorder and auto-driving system
Auto-driving system for freight locomotives shares common data with event recorder RPDA. Those data is used for loco control calculation.
Also RPDA system with auto-driving system is a basis for computerized systems of traffic control and of locomotives and drivers operation.
Decoding recorded dataTo decode the information stored on the cartridge is used a special software package – workplace ARM RPDA-G. That software helps to analyze the recorded data and also makes necessary report forms. Also it allows getting a rapid analysis of:
- technical state of an electric locomotive
- the results of the trip
|Input unit of analog signals||Unit of discrete input||Unit of discrete control||
Event recorder and
flash-drive storge (cartridge)
|High-voltage measuring unit||Mobile communication unit|
|Supply voltage of direct current||46..50 V|
|Consumed power, minimum||80 Vt||100 Vt|
|Mass, maximum||70 kg||80 kg|
|Contact wire voltage||0..4500 V||0..35000 V|
|Armature and excitation current of traction motors||-+750 А||0..1500 А|
|Total current consumption of a locomotive||0..3000 А|
|Number of discrete signals, maximum||20|
|Number of analog signal, maximum||20|
|Input and output electric energy of a locomotive||0..1 000 000 kVt*ph|
|Pressure in brake pipeline and air brake cylinders||1..10 МPа|
|Memory capacity of a cartridge||64 Mb|
|Current in primary side of tractionfeeding transformer||-||1%|
|Voltage on contact wire||0,5%||1%|
|Armature and excitation current of traction motors||0,5%||1%|
|Total current consumption of a locomotive||0,5%||-|
|Power supply of locomotive||1%||-|
|Pressure in brake pipeline and air brake cylinders||1%|
|Voltage on traction motors||-||0,5%|
Application effect components1. Reduction the cost to decipher speedometer tapes (for depot).
2. Increase the accuracy of power consumption registration.
3. Enhancement of locomotive diagnostics, reduction the time and cost of troubleshooting and repair for electric locomotives.
4. Elimination of the facts and consequences of failures on the road, improvement the quality of maintenance of locomotives, increase the reliability of electric locomotives.
5. Assumption of timely and well-grounded decisions about freight traffic control and heavy hall train trains operation.
6. The ability to use decoded data of RPDA-G cartridges when dealing with offnominal situations.